This site is owned by National Lottery Community Fund and managed by the Social Investment Business.
The Social Investment Business is the trading name for Social Investment Business Foundation, Registered in England No. 05777484, The Social Investment Business Limited, Registered in England No. 06490609 and Futurebuilders-England Limited, Registered in England No. 05066676. Registered Office: CAN Mezzanine, Borough, 7-14 Dover Street, London, SE1 4YR.
Access to and use of this site both within the UK and internationally is provided by the Social Investment Business on the terms outlined on this page.
By using www.bigpotential.org.uk you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of www.bigpotential.org.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to www.bigpotential.org.uk.
The Social Investment Business may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of the site will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
How to use this website
We have a useful guide for users which will help you make the most of your time on the Big Potential website, starting with registering on the site. Download the guide
Your use of the website
You agree the Social Investment Business may without warning at any time, for any reason, at its absolute discretion, and without liability to you:
- reject your application to be a registered user of the website; and/or
- remove you as a user of the website; and/or
- prevent you from accessing any part of the website, and/or
- delete you as a user and your user account.
You must register as a user of the website to sign up for newsletter, to apply to Big Potential and access any personalised services.
The Social Investment Business has absolute discretion as to whether to accept or reject your application to register as a user of the website.
When you register as a user on the website you will select a username and password to access your user account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Your username must not be offensive or contain profanities. The Social Investment Business can use its discretion to determine whether a user name is appropriate.
You are responsible at all times for your user account and for any actions that take place using your account. The information that you provide when you set up your account must be true and accurate. If the Social Investment Business suspects that the information provided is incorrect, misleading, or not true then the Social Investment Business may suspend or terminate your account and might even make null and void any applications you might have made for grant funding.
You must immediately inform the Social Investment Business of any unauthorised use of your password, your user account or any other breach of security in connection with the website. You should ensure that you log-out of your account each time you finish using the website.
Intellectual property rights
This section describes your rights in relation to the content and branding on this website. You acknowledge that:
- all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the content (other than in your contributions); and
- the names, images and logos or 'branding' identifying the Social Investment Business, Big Lottery Fund and Big Potential, are either owned by the Social Investment Business, or are licensed to the Social Investment Business by third parties.
You may not use, reproduce or otherwise make available to any other party the content and branding without the prior written authorisation from the Social Investment Business, which you may request (see below).
Request to use content or branding
All requests to use content or branding must be submitted in writing to: Social Investment Business, CAN Mezzanine, Borough, 7-14 Dover Street, London, SE1 4YR or via email to [email protected].
Your written request should include details of your intended use of the content or branding, and your contact details (name, address, telephone number and email).
You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages, files or resources hosted on this website.
You cannot embed pages or content from the website on to any third party website without explicit written consent.
The website only links to our investees, partners and websites which provide useful information that supplements the Social Investment Business’s own information services. Any links or embedded frames which connect the website to other websites are provided by the Social Investment Business for convenience only, and by accessing those linked sites you agree to any terms of access or use imposed by those linked websites. The Social Investment Business:
- is not responsible for the contents, information, accuracy, opinions or links from the linked websites; and
- does not provide any warranty, or assume any responsibility, regarding the quality, accuracy, source or any other aspect of the material on the linked websites.
Prohibited use of this website
You must not, at any time:
- publish, communicate or adapt any of the information or content accessible on the website
- make copies in any form of all or parts of the content other than as reasonably required for your personal non-commercial use
- register multiple user profiles
- adapt, translate, reverse engineer, dissemble or decompile the website or any part of the website
- reformat or frame any part of the web pages that form part of the website
- use the website to advertise or promote any commercial services, or disseminate spam; or
The Social Investment Business can decide, at its discretion to suspend or revoke user accounts.
Reporting issues or making complaints
You may report any comments or complaints about this website to the Social Investment Business’s enquiry line on 020 3096 7900 or email [email protected], including:
- any content that you find inappropriate or believe is incorrect; or
- any material which you believe infringes your intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of another party.
Before making any complaints please read about our complaints process.
To the extent permitted by law, the Social Investment Business will not be liable (including in negligence) for:
- any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of use of data, or any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, incurred by or awarded against you or any other person arising directly or indirectly from your access to or use of the website (or any linked website); or
- any cost, loss, liability or expense arising from death, personal injury or damage to property (including damage to your software, hardware or data) resulting directly or indirectly from you access to or use of the website (or any linked website).
You indemnify and hold the Social Investment Business, its employees, officers and agents harmless from and against any claims, liability, expenses, losses, damages and costs (including legal costs and expenses) incurred by any of those indemnified where such Loss was caused directly or indirectly by:
- your access to or use of the website; or
- any contributions made by you (or on your behalf) to the website (including, without limitation, Loss caused by a claim that your contribution infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person).
You acknowledge that you use the website entirely at your own risk.
The Social Investment Business is not responsible for any content that originates from external sources. We do not provide any warranty, or assume any responsibility, regarding the quality, accuracy, source or any other aspect of such content.
The Social Investment Business is committed to reserving your right of privacy. The Social Investment Business recognises its legal obligation to comply with the 1998 Data Protection Act and is registered as a data controller under the Act (ref: Z8555751).
We may use your personal data to contact you about the website. Please email if you do not wish to be contacted.
We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. We do this to help us better understand how users interact with our website to make continuous improvements to our service.
You are welcome to delete our cookies by visiting your ‘temporary files’. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site