Buzzacott and Investing for Good advanced
Buzzacott has a full service Corporate Finance offering aimed at both the private sector and social enterprises. Our corporate finance team advises VCSEs on:
- Initial project appraisal
- Business plan writing, reviewing, critiquing
- Financial forecast production, critiquing, auditing
- Introductions, advice and negotiations with appropriate sources of finance
- Transactional structuring and tax advice as appropriate
Investing for Good is advising on the raising of socially-motivated capital and on innovative fund structures. At all times, we help VCSEs determine the appropriate capital raising strategy:
- Scoping exercise including consideration of legal structure, attractiveness of the investment proposition to social investors and initial investor soundings, barriers, permissions and risks
- Assistance and support with developing impact measurement and reporting capabilities to best articulate, evaluate and report impact
- Preparation of an offer document based as an approved financial promotion
- Finding socially-motivated investors, launch and marketing to qualified investors, appointment of all agents
Buzzacott LLP is a 320 employee Chartered Accountancy firm based in London. Founded in 1919, we offer the full range of accountancy related professional services to private sector, not for profit organizations and HNWIs. Buzzacott has a long history of engagement with VCSEs, a number of which have grown with support from social finance providers.
Investing for Good, founded in 2004, is a social investment intermediary that mobilises investment capital into VCSEs to tackle major social issues. We were the first CIC to be regulated by the FCA and focus on a consultancy model of investment and impact advisory, as well as deal arranging and social investor engagement. We have a track record of successfully bidding for investment readiness grants for VCSEs and have significan experience raising finance at scale from socially-motivated investors.