Is your organisation ready for investment?
‘Investment ready’ is a term used to describe organisations that want to grow and expand and who develop their capacity to the extent that they will be successful in gaining external (repayable) investment.
This means understanding the requirements of banks and other financial institutions (investors) when you are looking for investment and it includes knowledge about how to develop business plans to secure external finance and communication with investors.
What kind of investment are you looking for?
- Start-up investment: such as getting a place on an accelerator programme
- Helping your organisation grow: If you are hoping to allow your business to scale-up, the relevant investors will want more information about how your organisation works and how they will get their money back.
Are you ready?
- Skills and experience of your board, management team and staff
- Knowing your customers and position in the market
- How do you do things, how well do you do them and how you know
- Managing your finances