Working across various fields, I’m also a published commentator on policy and sector issues.
With regards to investment readiness support, services offered include:
- feasibility studies of proposed services: these explore not only the market potential from multiple perspectives, but also the likely ability of the enterprise or organisation to be able to manage the new service with regards to its existing management and governance structures
- drafting of business plans and financial models: having managed social enterprise loan funds, and been part of panels reviewing applications for development grants, I am also commissioned to train other sector advisors on how they can best support their clients prepare their business cases for investment
- preparing organisation to be able to manage investment: based on diagnostics of an organisations' existing management, finances, and governance, transition models are built to enable it to achieve a position where it can best present itself to receive investment support and be awarded contracts in respect of quality assurance, delivery models, etc
- brokering introductions to social investors: often groups can benefit from a 'soft' application to an investor to gain feedback and assurances in advance of a full and formal application. This is achieved through through professional networks and contacts within several national social investing bodies, as well as various programmes
- monitoring and reporting support: upon receipt of investment, groups can be assisted with the reporting and monitoring associated with it; this is not just in terms of how money has been spent, but also in identifying the various impacts created internally and externally as a result